Sunday, August 2, 2009

Heritage

As it is with every child, Luke grows up a little more each day. It has struck me recently how he has begun to exhibit little pieces of his family members in his budding personality. His grandpa Grasman's tractors (and everything else that moves) hold a special allure each time he sees them. I think Luke is already growing a great love for the farm his grandpa works so hard on. Luke's joy in the outdoors and his love for things that grow and hold beauty reminds me of his grandma Grasman. He loves to help me take care of all our plants. There's also a little music and rhythm coming to life inside of him. Inherited from, and encouraged by, his grandma Glass, Luke makes music with anything he can find and always bounces to the beat. Luke's little body is already learning to be coordinated when it comes to sports. Luke loves to play, yet he is also reserved when he wants to be, reminding me of his grandpa Glass's love of athletics and his strong, quiet nature.
A blessed heritage is one of the most wonderful things we can pass down to our son. I am so thankful for our families.

No comments: