Saturday, July 4, 2009

Our 5th Anniversary

 
Mike and I celebrated five years of being married on July 3. We took a wonderful trip to a bed and breakfast in South Haven, Michigan the night before. The weather did not cooperate the way we wanted it to, but we still had a great time being together. The Carriage House was beautiful (We'd definitely recommend it)! When we got there, Mike had scheduled a 1/2 hour massage for each of us. Appetizers were served at the house at 5:00, and then we went to a great Italian restaurant downtown for dinner. After dinner, we went to Sherman's for ice cream. We had a delicious breakfast in the morning and got to spend a little time at the beach before we picked Luke up at Mike's parents' house. 

It was so nice to spend some time alone with my husband. I am blessed to have such a loving, hard working, godly man as my partner in life. I treasure his friendship and love him more with each passing year. These first five years have flown by. We have learned new things about each other, grown to understand each other better, and still have a "little thing" for one another:) 

Mike, I love you and am so happy to be spending my life by your side! 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Barnes said...

Sounds like a great celebration. happy anniversary!

jacksonfamily said...

It's so crazy that its the big 5 year summer for all of us. Congrats!! It's a big celebration and I'm glad you got to spend some time together :)