Friday, May 15, 2009

One Year Old













My Sweet Luke,
One year ago today, your daddy and I got to meet you for the first time. We had prayed and waited for you for nine long months, and we were so excited when, on May 15, you were ours to hold.
I am amazed at the way you have changed and grown in the past year. My love for you has grown each day, with each cry, each smile, each new discovery. You are a joy in my life, and I am so lucky to be with you every day! You are a precious son. I thank God that I get to be your mommy, and I pray that you will let Him find a home in your sweet heart.
May 15 will always be a day to remember the joy and love that filled my heart when you were born. I love you, Luke Michael! 
Love, Mommy 

Little Man!  
It is so hard to believe that you are already a year old!  Getting to see you each day and see how you change makes time fly by!  You've brought so much joy to Mommy and I; your contagious smile, hearty giggles and your loving hugs melt our hearts everyday!  I love coming home each day to see what new adventures you've discovered.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for us as a family and for you as my little man!  Happy first birthday and I look forward to many more!  I love you, Luke Michael!!!
Love, Daddy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Luke,
We can't believe you are ONE year old already! It has been amazing watching you grow and to see your cute personality come out. You have brought great joy to your mom and dad. We are sure that God has wonderful things in store for you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Love,
Grandpa and Grandma Grasman

thegroves said...

Dear Luke,
I know that I'm loud, and that I chase you around a lot, but it's all because I think you're such a fun friend! Thanks for always sharing your toys with me, and for sharing your mommy with my mommy, and your daddy with my daddy. I'm glad I've gotten to mimic all of your moves this year. You've set the bar high for me. Happy Birthday, friend.
Addie Grace

The Barnes said...

Happy Birthday Luke!!!
We missed you this morning in the baby nursery but we know you had much more fun in the one year old room. Hope your party is so much fun!!