Thursday, February 26, 2009

Banged Up Boy


Today was a rough day for Luke...as you can see from the picture. He thinks he can stand, walk, lean, jump, swim, and climb all by himself, but today his face found out that he can't! I'm not sure I'll ever get used to the way boys like to be daredevils; I have a feeling it gets worse as they get older! This afternoon Luke bumped his cheek on his play table and then again on another toy. Tonight, he took a head first dive into the leg of the end table while trying to stand up. A short 10 minutes later, he banged his head again on a handle of the desk drawer. We took some pictures so he can brag about his battle wounds to his friends. Then it was bath time. Luke wanted to try his hand at swimming and took his first, face-first plunge into the water. 
Rough day....Mommy needs some sleep! 

6 comments:

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

oh my...is this what I have to look forward too? I am glad that non of them amounted to a trip to the hospital!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world of having a mobile little boy! I can say that I raised 2 boys with no broken bones or stitches, so they are pretty tough. If only mom could be tough.

Unknown said...

I just read my post. I meant to say "if only moms could be that tough". What a difference one word makes.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world of having a mobile little boy! I can say that I raised 2 boys with no broken bones or stitches, so they are pretty tough. If only moms could be that tough.

The Barnes said...

That is a bump!!! Hope you got some good sleep!!

Addi said...

Oh my!! Senica, Ty and I will say a prayer for him to heal quick!