Thursday, November 13, 2008

Six Months Old




This Saturday, the 15th, will be Luke's six month birthday. Where has the time gone? In six months he has grown over 8 inches in length, more than doubled his birth weight, learned to coo, scream, stretch, smile, bounce, reach, spit, laugh, growl, roll over, sit up, suck his toes....and this is just the beginning. He is nothing short of a miracle! Mike and I thank God every day for our healthy, happy son! 
Luke's personality is already starting to shine. He takes things in stride and goes where we go. He loves to watch what's going on and figure out where noises are coming from. I think he will be great at figuring out how things work, like his Daddy. He loves to smile at people and to be entertained. He never lets us forget that he is in the room; he loves to jabber! 
I would venture to say that Mike and I are used to "baby" life now, though Luke continues to teach us new things every day! I am sure that he is just looking out for his mom and dad's well-being. He wants us to stay flexible and be ready for anything. Everyone tells you how much life changes when you have kids, and it's true! It's amazing how different things are. It's amazing how WONDERFUL they are. We are so in love with Luke Michael and so glad that God has entrusted him to our care! 

6 comments:

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

I love the pictures!! Is he really 6 months old??? I was reminded last night about the time we were at the guys basketball game and I got to feel Luke kick...It amazes me that it was less than a year ago and here he is rolling, talking, and keeping you two out of trouble.

Unknown said...

Those pictures are too cute! I love that they're in black and white. Hard to believe 6 months has gone by already. What fun!

Unknown said...

i LOVE your baby~~and i think he definitely going to be a very young talker..........

thegroves said...

such a stud.

The Barnes said...

You have been tagged, check my blog:)

Allison said...

Look at those cheekers!!! So cute!