Monday, December 1, 2008

So Thankful!


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend traveling to see both of our families. We are so fortunate to have two amazing families who love us so much. Luke had lots of fun playing with his cousins and seeing all his relatives. He continues to be the center of attention:) 
We spent Thursday with my mom's extended family which we have been doing ever since I can remember. It's fun to catch up with everyone and see how the family continues to grow and change. Friday I ventured to the mall with my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law. We were not totally crazy...we waited until about 11:00 to brave the crowds, and we did find some good deals! Mike spent some time hunting, but much to his disappointment, did not shoot anything this year. He also helped with some projects around his dad's house. We stopped back by my parents' on the way home to celebrate my dad's birthday. 
I was challenged on Sunday at church to train myself to be thankful. It's easy to remember things I'm thankful for around this time of year, but not so natural through the rest of the year. My thankfulness and love overflow for the wonderful family God has blessed Mike and I with. On top of that, we have many other blessings to count! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

(...The picture of Luke in the tub is somewhat unrelated to Thanksgiving, but it was taken over the weekend. We are thankful for our son, bath time, and rubber duckies...)

2 comments:

The Barnes said...

Luke is too funny eating the duck:)
I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving- great memories being made!

Also love the new blog look:)

Addi said...

I love your new pic with the snow on the trees! Beautiful!