Monday, September 15, 2008

4 Months Old


Today marks four months since our little Luke came into the world. I cannot believe how much our lives have changed since then. I cannot believe how much HE has changed since then. Each day he sees something new that triggers a smile, and his smiles melt my heart! Each day he gets a little better at holding his head up and grabbing onto his toys and pushing up on his legs. As he gets older, I am reminded daily that life is precious. I am so thankful that God has given Mike and I the responsibility of being Luke's parents. 
Yesterday we opened a couple boxes from the basement which held new toys for Luke. People would probably laugh at how excited Mike and I were to watch Luke enjoy these new things for the first time. Even with the torrents of rain coming down outside, there was such joy inside our house! This gave me a bit of a revelation. God takes the same delight in me that I find in my son. How simple a truth! How amazing is His love!   

5 comments:

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

I can't believe he is already 4 months old! It seems like yesterday that we were visiting you in the hospital!

Anitra said...

He is such a special gift from God and God has given him amazing parents here on this earth. We will be praying for you and Luke as you go to his appointment tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Wow! 4 months have flown by! What a cutie! I love having him in the nursery...he's so laid back. Hmm wonder where he gets that from!

The Barnes said...

Its amazing how fast they grow and what an amazing gift from God. Treasure each of those smiles:)

Jessica Perry said...

What you had to say is so true. There is such joy in being a parent, knowing God placed this little life in your hands to love, teach, and mold. What a gift:)